Friday 19 March 2010

Two from one

Initially, I was only planning to make capri pants to Emma from a grey shirt that I got from my mother-in-law. I made the pants from the body of the shirt and since there was so much fabric left in the sleeves, I decided to make a mini skirt as well. Boring shirt, not so boring skirt! I appliqued both the pants and the skirt, since otherwise Emma would not have worn them. The apliquees are from an Ikea fabric, that I bought when Emma was a baby and made some sheets for her crib from it. Apologies for the bad pictures, Emma wanted to wear the skirt immediately and I got to take a picture of it only after a whole day's use. I could have ironed it, though... Sorry!




Oh, one more thing. I did not use any pattern for the skirt and the pattern for the pants is the same that I used to make Emma's pyjama pants (basicly an old pair of Emma's pants cut to pieces..).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...