Monday 1 March 2010

A little skirt - with a bird!

I am a big fan of Marimekko, especially their fabrics. I cannot pass their sales, it is quite impossible and I get this urge to buy a few meters of fabric every time. I never seem to be able to make anything from them, since they are so precious to me. Silly me! This time I decided to make a skirt for Emma and was determined to make a dent to my fabric stash by using one of my Marimekko finds. Her favourite shirt at the moment is green ( a welcome aversion from pink) and that shirt definitely needed a pretty skirt to match.

I did not use any patterns, since most skirts are so simple to make anyway. Just cut a rectangular shap of fabric, sew it together from sides and add elastic to the waist. Done! 

I chose Karmiini fabric in red, pink and green. I love the fabric, it is so versatile! I am planning to use it in other projects as well.


 

I also bought the fabric in turquoise and love that too. Very fresh, I think I am going to make a dress for Emma, I have the perfect pattern for that.




I liked the basic skirt but somehow it lacked something. I added some ric-rac to the hem and appliqued a white birdie to the skirt as well. Here it is, very simple and very cute :)


I also made the little brooch she is wearing. It is made from an old button and some fabric scraps.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...