Monday 8 March 2010

Crocheted dish cloths

Bamboo is a very trendy material, it seems. I have seen many articles praising bamboo's excellent qualities and also heard that bamboo yarn makes excellent dish cloths. Bamboo is naturally antibacterial and it also dries fairly quickly. I bought a few really nice bamboo dishcloths from Pino, but they were outrageously expensive! That got me thinking... After some research I realized that I could crochet them myself, I bought some yarn and here are the end results:

 

The yellow yarn is Sublime Bamboo & Pearls with 70% bamboo and 30% pearls. Lovely yarn, although a bit pricey. The dish cloth works very well, but the cloth shrank quite a bit in the wash. Next one I make needs to be bigger, so that there is room for shrinkage. The green yarn is Novita Bamboo (68 % bamboo/ 32 % cotton). Also very nice and works well. The yarn is also a couple of euros cheaper than Sublime yarn, so I think we have a winner :)

I have now made several dishcloths: pink, white, green and yellow. They are very quick to make and really usable! The pattern is very simple and very basic, that's all I can do :)
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

j'admire le crochet!

Tuia said...

Merci beaucoup, Framboise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...