Thursday 25 March 2010

A tutu lamp

One day I was cleaning Emma's room and found her tutu in the middle of the floor. I picked it up and it reminded me of something... A lamp shade! I immeadiately realized that I needed a tutu lamp in our bedroom. My husband was a bit hesitant at first, since he is very safety-concious and wanted to make sure I was not going to burn our home down. Haha, very funny. Naturally burning down anyone's home was not my plan here, so I asked for his help in figuring out the fire safety issues. He then helped me to find a suitable lamp frame to use as a base for the tutu lamp and naturally we bought energy-efficient light bulbs for the lamp itself. In addition to being environmentally friendly, those light bulbs do not heat so much, so the risk of setting some tulle alight was even lower. I know, boring... But ever so safety-concious!

Anyway. Here is the lamp.




It was quite difficult to take pictures of it, but I can assure you that we all love it very much. It adds some fun and romance to our bedroom and I think everyone could always use a bit more of those :)

3 comments:

Aira said...

Tää on vaan niin hieno. I like it!

Tuia said...

Kiitos, kiitos :) Mäkin tykkään siitä ihan älyttömästi. Siitä tulikin mieleen, että voisi olla aika tomuttaa se...

Anonymous said...

I-ha-na!

Elina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...