Sunday 19 June 2011

Marigold dress


I've been wanting to make this dress for Emma for ages now but I haven't found any fabrics that would inspire me. Then yesterday I was going through my favourite blogs and found this. Amazing. Perfect. Actually all the dresses from that blog are amazing, I'll might just try to copy them all. Too bad the blog is not being updated anymore. 



I had fabrics for that dress in my stash so I started cutting and sewing immediately. Result: Amazing, perfect. Oh, and Emma approves as well, LOL. The pattern is from Good Girls Cute Clothes (ISBN 978-4-579-11194-7), the pattern book where I also took the leggings pattern.


White fabric is some polyester blend from the 80s (mom gave it to me) which I thought to be nice, light-weight 100% cotton but found out otherwise when I tried to iron it with hot steam. It melted. Luckily the melted bit is not shown, it is in the lining. The yellow fabric is just some basic cotton from my stash, I had barely enough to make this dress.




Oh, in case you are wondering why I named it the Marigold dress: I shamelessly copied the name from Katie Did. Could not help it, it describes the dress perfectly!

4 comments:

Satu said...

Ihana mekko! Emma näyttää paljon vanhemmalta tämä päällä.

Tuia said...

Eikö näytäkin! Mutta toisaalta, Emma on jotenkin kasvanut viime aikoina ja näyttää lähes kaikissa vaatteissa ihan koululaiselta. Nyyh.

Aira said...

Aivan ihana mekko!

Tuia said...

Kiitos, Aira :) Tuollainen olisi kiva itsellekin, sivutaskuilla! Ei kovin vaikea toteuttaa...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...