Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Bias-cut pants

I was rearranging my clothes rack the other day and found a linen dress that did not really fit me anymore. Or it did fit, but the cut was very unflattering. I decided to make wide cropped pants for Emma from  the bottom half and saved the upper part to me. The upper part will become a top for me at some point.

Anyway, the dress was cut in bias and I was a bit nervous about how these pants would end up.  The fabric was a bit more difficult to sew but all in all, the pants were still very easy to make. Additionally, bias cut added a bit of flare to the pants and I like them a lot. I used a general trouser pattern and modified it a bit to make wider pant legs.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...