Friday 7 May 2010

Every baby needs a tutu...

I made these baby clothes in January already but had forgotten them completely. Pictures are not the best, since I did not take them for my blog and now the baby has grown too big for these clothes (and is too far away anyway, boohoo...) that I cannot take better ones. This was a baby gift to my dear friend.




I think that every newborn baby girl needs her own tutu and that is what I made for baby Vivian as well. I bought two bodies from H&M and decorated those to be worn with the tutu. I kind of thought that something was missing still and found this old piece of good quality velour from my fabric stash and decided to make a romper. The fabric is from the eighties and I remember that my mother made me, my bother and herself pants using this fabric. The colour is weird, but works really well with soft pink and white. I hope you can get your eyes off the baby and look at the romper, I almost couldn't! Just look at the cheeks... Oh, and she is asleep, only time I could take focused pictures :)


The pattern is from an old Suuri Käsityökerho magazine (1/2008) and it has been designed by Tiia Vanhatapio, who has her own collection of couture baby clothes, Vanhatapio Bebes.

2 comments:

Tiiamaria said...

mekin tahdottais tutu.... ;)

Tuia said...

Taisi teidän Roosa syntyä sen verran aiemmin, etetn vielä tehtaillut näitä! Jos saan neidin vyötärön (ai minkä??) ympäryksen, niin teen :)

t. Tuija

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...