I seem to be posting only crochet projects but trust me, I am also sewing a lot. My model is not co-operating, so you'll just have to wait a bit longer before I can show you what I made.
Anyway, this crocheted cap (or a hat? I am not sure which one is correct, or is it something completely different) is again from this book:
The original design is a bit different, it has braids in the sides. I was too lazy to make those and then I also wanted this cap to be practical and thought that it would be better without the braids. However, I am still contemplating whether I should add the braids, I like them a lot...
The original design did not have a lining either but since it is already quite cold in Finland, I decided to add it. I happened to have some old pants of mine that were the perfect pink knit and since they were stained with paint I happily sacrificed them to this project. Now I have a lot of pink jersey left and I am thinking of making something else with it. I did not use any pattern for the lining but I did measure my daughter's head to make sure that the lining fit her.
If you look closely, you will notice that the flowers on each sides are different. Originally the colour order was pink - pale pink - white - violet - green but I swapped the place of white and violet since it looked better in my mind. Anyway, I was too lazy to make a third flower and decided that it did not matter if the flowers were different on each sides. Emma loves her cap and hasn't even noticed that the flowers do not match!