Saturday 30 October 2010

Baby toys


 I like crocheted toys, they are so soft and nice. I just had to make some after I found good instructions from Garnstudio. They have cute designs and I now have this urge to try knitting as well.. I just need to buy some knitting needles!



I found the instructions for the rattle from Garnstudio's website. The rattles are filled with wadding and since I wanted them to sound like maracas, I added a small plastic container inside and filled that with red lentils. The plastic container is from Kinder Surprise milk chocolate egg, those are very well made and do not break open easily. The rattles are not the same size, since I forgot to follow the instructions...


Everyone repeat after me: That ball is round, that ball is round, that ball is round... Anyway, it WAS round but then my daughter started throwing it around and it was ruined. Next time I'll add more wadding inside, perhaps that helps. Oh, and I will also follow directions and do not just improvise. So the ball is my own design, although I did check Martha Stewart's and Garnstudio's instructions. I just didn't have the patience to follow them!

Linking this to Tea Rose Home, please go and check it out!

5 comments:

Satu said...

Nää on ihania! Ihailin juuri eilen Novitan myymälässä virkattuja leivoksia jne, kunpa ehtisin itsekin kokeilla!

Mindy said...

Very cute!

http://im-in-the-loop.blogspot.com

Sachiko said...

So cute!! I love the colors you have chosen too!

cookieandclaire said...

My little one would love the rattles. She is beyond them for a toy but would love them as a noise maker! She is very noisy these days - 17 months!

I just started blogging recently. Come on over and say hi!
cookieandclaire.blogspot.com

Tuia said...

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Cookieandclaire, the best part of these rattles is that you can control the noise level yourself: just vary the amount of lentils (or peas or whatever) inside.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...