Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Party dress

Last weekend we went to Emma's cousin's christening party and even though I had a terrible cold, I just had to make Emma a new dress for the party. I have sewn her lots of skirts and pants and whatnot but she really wanted a dress, so I made her one. A very easy one, I should say. In that condition I could not have made anything complicated anyway...

The dress is made from a curtain, I just added some satin ribbon to make it a bit more interesting at the top. The pattern is again from one of my Japanese sewing books.

Let's Go Out Girls Clothes
Paperback: 88 pages
Publisher: Nihon Vogue Sha (March 2010)
Language: Japanese
25 patterns for girls' clothes, sizes from 90 to 130cm

As you can probably tell, my model was not very enthusiastic about having her picture taken. The dress is already a mess in these pictures, since she had been hopping in a trampoline and running a round with the other kids. I made one mistake in making this dress: I think I cannot wash it. The satin ribbon was not prewashed so I guess the colour will leak if I try to wash it and sending this dress to dry cleaners would be a bit too expensive. I think I'll just have to try washing it, we'll see what happens.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...